Open to Dancers in our Community and Beyond
These special open workshops are scheduled throughout the season and invite dance students in the area to participate. You do not have to be a registered student at Oregon Ballet Theatre School to attend. Each workshop will feature a guest master teacher who will focus on a specific skill or portion of repertory. See below for the upcoming schedule with more information to follow.
UP NEXT: James Canfield
Founding OBT Artistic Director
March 20, 2020
OBT School is excited to host our final masterclass in the ‘Stars of OBT’ series with the individual who started it all. Founding OBT artistic director James Canfield will be at our Portland studio March 20 from 7 PM to 9 PM to offer his extensive knowledge of classical ballet to students in the area.
This special opportunity is open to all female and male students age 13 years old and older. Female dancers should have at least 2 years of experience on pointe.
Previous Master Classes
Former OBT Principal Dancer | February 21, 2020
Former OBT Dancer | January 24, 2020
November 8, 2019 | 7:00 PM—9:00 PM
October 18, 2019 | 7:00 PM—9:00 PM
- • If you or your student have not registered for classes at Oregon Ballet Theatre School since September 3, 2019 you must complete our waiver here before registering and paying for the master class.
• If you have registered for classes at OBT School since September 3, 2019, or have completed the waiver for the 2019–2020 school year, please proceed to step 2.
• Please note that by completing the waiver above you are creating a MINDBODY account.
- Click “Register Here” next to the master class you intend to register for.
- Click “Sign Up Now” under the master class you intend to register for.
- • If you are 18 or older and registering yourself, leave “Myself” selected and click “Enroll”.
• If you are registering a student under 18, click “Enroll-Your Student’s Name”.
• If “Enroll-Your Student’s Name” is not available, select “Someone Else” next to “Make Reservation”, enter your student’s name, and click enroll.
- Click “Checkout”.
- Click “Place order”.