Open to Dancers in our Community and Beyond
These special open workshops are scheduled throughout the season and invite dance students in the area to participate. You do not have to be a registered student at Oregon Ballet Theatre School to attend. Each workshop will feature a guest master teacher who will focus on a specific skill or portion of repertory. See below for the upcoming schedule with more information to follow.
Friday, April 22 | 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
In 2012, Logan Hernandez began his formal training with Orlando City Ballet. He then went on to further his classical ballet and modern education at Osceola County School for The Arts. He was apart of So You Think You Can Dance coming in on top 4. In 2019, he attended Arts Umbrella Post Secondary Program in Vancouver, BC where he learned and performed repertoire by Crystal Pite, Sharon Eyal, Tom Weinberger, Nacho Duato, Jiri Kylian, and Marco Goecke. In 2021, he began dancing for VIM VIGOR dance company under the direction of Shannon Gillen.
This masterclass will provide a framework for improvisation—discovering and strengthening your body while adding flexibility, stamina and agility through our senses and imagination, which allows for an experience of freedom and pleasure in a playful way.
Cost: $25 for current OBT students; $35 for non-OBT students
Previous Master Classes
Former OBT Principal Dancer | February 21, 2020
Former OBT Dancer | January 24, 2020
November 8, 2019
October 18, 2019
- • If you or your student have not registered for classes at Oregon Ballet Theatre School since September 3, 2019 you must complete our waiver here before registering and paying for the master class.
• If you have registered for classes at OBT School since September 3, 2019, or have completed the waiver for the 2019–2020 school year, please proceed to step 2.
• Please note that by completing the waiver above you are creating a MINDBODY account.
- Click “Register Here” next to the master class you intend to register for.
- Click “Sign Up Now” under the master class you intend to register for.
- • If you are 18 or older and registering yourself, leave “Myself” selected and click “Enroll”.
• If you are registering a student under 18, click “Enroll-Your Student’s Name”.
• If “Enroll-Your Student’s Name” is not available, select “Someone Else” next to “Make Reservation”, enter your student’s name, and click enroll.
- Click “Checkout”.
- Click “Place order”.