June 28 – August 6, 2021
Audition Registration Now Open!
The Summer Intensive is a full-day program for students ages 12 and older by audition only. It features classes in ballet technique, men’s technique, pointe, variations, repertory, character, modern/contemporary, and related dance styles. Classes such as Pilates, yoga, and strength training are also a part of the summer curriculum as are seminars such as makeup, health and nutrition and dance history.
The faculty includes OBT School’s year-round professional faculty, members of Oregon Ballet Theatre’s artistic staff, dancers from Oregon Ballet Theatre, as well as various guest teachers.
2021 Summer Intensive Dates
6 Week Session – $2,760.00
June 28th, 2021 to August 6th, 2021
4 Week Session – $1,852.00
June 28th, 2021 to July 23rd, 2021
2 Week Session – $948.00
July 26th, 2021 to August 6th, 2021
OBT School is currently planning for an in-person & online hybrid program, with hopes for fully in-person programs at our beautiful Portland waterfront studios. The pricing above reflects a ~ 25hr/wk hybrid program.
Should we have a fully in-person 25hr/wk program the pricing will be adjusted as follows: 6 week – $3,450.00| 4 week – $2,315.00 | 2 week – $1,185.00
- Natasha Bar — Oregon Ballet Theatre School Faculty
- Linda Besant — Oregon Ballet Theatre Archivist
- Sarah Brown – Oregon Ballet Theatre Education & Community Engagement Teaching Artist
- Phillip Carman — Oregon Ballet Theatre School Faculty
- LeeWei Chao — Oregon Ballet Theatre School Faculty
- Xuan Cheng — Oregon Ballet Theatre Principal Dancer
- Lisa Kipp — Oregon Ballet Theatre Rehearsal Director; former Oregon Ballet Theatre Dancer
- Elise Legere — Oregon Ballet Theatre School Faculty
- Ye Li – Former Oregon Ballet Theatre Principal Dancer
- Alison Roper — Former Oregon Ballet Theatre Principal Dancer; Choreographer
- Lisa Sundstrom — Former Oregon Ballet Theatre Dancer; Oregon Ballet Theatre School Faculty
- Katarina Svetlova — Former Oregon Ballet Theatre Principal Dancer
- Marion Tonner — Oregon Ballet Theatre School Director
- Robyn Ulibarri – Oregon Ballet Theatre Education & Community Engagement Teaching Artist
- Allison Wales – Oregon Ballet Theatre Education & Community Engagement Teaching Artist
- OBT Company Members and distinguished guests
Students placed in Level 6 or 6X for OBT School’s Summer Intensive will be considered for OBT2. The OBT2 program is a select group of dancers at the top level of the school who may also work with OBT’s professional company. OBT2 marked its first official year with the 2016/17 season. Dancers who aspire to join this program must attend the Summer Intensive for a minimum of the first 4 weeks of the 2021 program, though 6 weeks is recommended. Admission is based solely on invitation from the Artistic Director and School Director.
Due to challenges and safety concerns from COVID-19, we are unable to provide housing opportunities for our 2021 Summer Intensive.