Summer Program Auditions
Spend your summer with Oregon Ballet Theatre School. OBT School is excited to welcome students to our incomparable 2023 Summer Intensive, and our 2023 Summer Youth Programs. For the safety of our summer student candidates, we will conduct auditions in January 2022, as well as accept recorded video auditions. We look forward to seeing you during our 2022 Summer Programs student search!
Students placed in Level 6 or 6X who attend at least four weeks of OBT School’s Summer Intensive will be considered for OBT2 our pre-professional program.
Students currently enrolled in the OBT School do not need to audition for placement in our Summer Programs
Entrance to the Summer Intensive is by audition only. Summer Intensive Auditions take place in January and February of each year. An audition fee is required of all applicants. Online preregistration for auditions is $30, and day of registration is $40, payable either in cash or check made out to Oregon Ballet Theatre School.
For prospective students living more than 200 miles from an audition site, video auditions will be accepted. See information for video auditions below.
Please note: primary COVID-19 vaccine series required and masks optional, unless indicated otherwise. Medical and religious exemptions considered. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an exemption form.
2023 Summer Program Auditions
Follow the steps below to register for the appropriate age group for one of our audition dates!
- Click Here to Complete our Audition Form. Submit a headshot and a photo in a dance pose of your choice via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Click the link corresponding to your city below.
- After accessing the sign up portal, click Sign Up Now
- Complete payment.
2023 Summer Program Video Auditions
Prospective students may opt to submit a video audition for our Summer Programs by following the steps below.
- Create your audition video following the video audition guidelines (see below)
- Click Here to Complete our Video Audition Form
- Complete payment of the $30 application fee
*The audition form will automatically redirect to our payment system. If you are not redirected to our payment system, please click here to make payment. Payment must be completed before video applications are reviewed.
- Submit a headshot and a photo in a dance pose of your choice via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Audition Guidelines:
- Videos should show basic class work or a simple classical ballet variation of the student’s choosing, and be no longer than two minutes.
- Videos from female applicants must contain pointe work.
- Videos should not contain verbal instruction or coaching.
- Please include a link to the student’s audition video in their application. YouTube format is preferred. DVDs cannot be accepted.
Students attending OBT School’s 2022 Summer Intensive program will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Vaccination is defined as having received:
- For individuals 12 years old and older: both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna formula followed by the subsequent two-week period for full effectiveness or single dose of the Johnson & Johnson Janssen formula followed by the subsequent two-week period for full effectiveness
- For individuals 5 to 11 years old: Both doses of the Pfizer formula followed by the subsequent two-week period for full effectiveness.
- For all eligible ages: As available all CDC recommended boosters.
International students may apply for admission using the video audition information as stated above or attend one of our scheduled virtual auditions. International students who are accepted will need to obtain an M-1 Visa. An M-1 Visa allows a student to study in the United States for a specified amount of time exclusively at Oregon Ballet Theatre School. Contact the school at email@example.com more information on the Visa application process.
*Please check for any COVID-19 international and local travel restrictions affecting your country, the USA, and Oregon that may prohibit participation in our Summer Intensive prior to applying.
Summer Intensives Frequently Asked Questions
Have a specific question about Summer Intensives? Please visit our Summer Intensives Frequently Asked Questions page HERE to learn more.
Contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.